I suggest you ...

Ability to select Google album (web based Fireside)

I'd like to be able to have the web based fireside let me select what Google album to default to. I linked my Google photos and it loaded everything. I'd like to be able to point at a specific album/collection on Google photos to then select the channel (random, top picks, etc)

13 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Neil G. shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminAndy Jagoe (Founder, Fireside) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My pleasure, Neil. Beyond picking the specific Google Photos album, what if you had the ability to thumbs down or thumbs up items so Fireside can learn more about what you like to see in a channel?

Based on your comment, another way to handle things might be if you could choose a Fireside "white-list" album where anything you put in that would be available to play on Fireside...or a Fireside "black-list" album where you put things you don't want Fireside to play.

Which to choose I guess depends on whether you have more you want to show or more you want to exclude.

• Neil G. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks Andy. I think that would work. The main thing I'm realizing is that I've got so many photos that I'd like to just have on "shuffle". There are quite a few that I'd like to exclude though so having an album I could point to that would then display in a random order would be great.

• AdminAndy Jagoe (Founder, Fireside) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Neil. Allowing you to pick a Google Photos album is an interesting idea. One thing I wonder about is how well some of the algorithms like Flashback and Recents will work when restricted to a specific album. Flashback, for example, finds things you were doing round about this time of year in pass years. I suspect people have many different ways of creating albums, so if we restrict your entire Google Photos account to one album we might have some channels that don't work very well.

Maybe the best thing would be to allow you to create a new channel based on a Google Photos album? Then you would still have the basic channels that span the entire account but you'd also have as many additional channels based on Google Photos albums as you liked?

We realize that there may be content in your entire account you might not want to see (and or explicitly exclude)--and we're continually working at being better at recognizing this and prioritizing things we think you'll really like.

Feedback and Knowledge Base